The Government of Vietnam offers Visa exemption for citizens of following nationality: Russia, Japan, Korea, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Brunei and other ASEAN countries.
Foreign visitors who are holders of Popular Passport from certain countries are Visa-exempt to Vietnam as follows:
- Russian citizens who are holders of Popular Passport, regardless of entry purpose, are not required of Visa for a period of stay no more than 15 days in Vietnam.
- Citizens of Japan and Korea, regardless of types of passport, are not required of Visa for a period of stay no more than 15 days in Vietnam. In fact, this normally applies to holders of Popular Passport because the Government of Vietnam shares a waiver agreement with the government of Japan and Korean on Diplomatic Passport or Official Passport.
- Since May 1, 2005, citizens of Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden, regardless of types of passport and entry purpose, are not required of Visa for a period of stay no more than 15 days in Vietnam.
- Officials and officers of ASEAN Secretariat, citizens of ASEAN countries (except Myanmar), regardless of types of passport, are not required of Visa for a period of stay no more than 30 days in Vietnam.
- Hold a valid passport issued by a competent authority of the country he/she is a citizen and that passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the day of entry;
- Present round-trip or transfer transportation tickets;
- Not be in the list of people barred from Vietnam by the government of Vietnam.
For citizens of non-Visa-exempt countries, please contact the Embassy of Vietnam in your country to be advised on entry formalities.
For the list and information of embassies:
For detail on Visa procedure and money instruction: